SCOSTEP 1999 campaign - Nordic GIC recordings
GIC data was obtained from four different pipeline/power systems:
Finnish pipeline (owned by Gasum Oy),
Finnish power system (owned by Fingrid Oyj),
Swedish pipeline (owned by Sydgas AB)
and Norwegian pipeline (owned by Statoil).
All participated companies are acknowledged.
Summary about the existing data:
- Finnish pipeline data: current (along the pipeline) measurements, one site, 10 s time resolution.
- Finnish power system data: current (through neutral wire) measurements, two sites, 10 s time resolution.
- Swedish pipeline data: pipe-to-soil voltage measurements, 30 sites (only 12 plotted here), 1 minute time resolution.
- Norwegian pipeline: pipe-to-soil voltage and current density (from the pipeline to the earth) measurements, 4 sites, time resolution varies between 10 s and 1 minute.
- Data-plots of GIC measurements in the Finnish pipeline
- Data-plots of GIC measurements in the Finnish power system
- Data-plots of GIC measurements in the Norwegian pipeline
- Data-plots of GIC mesurements in the Swedish pipeline
NOTE: Concerning any use of the data, contact Ari Viljanen (at fmi.fi).
Main GIC data page